- The cost of hosting is competitive with the cost of a FileMaker Server license and machine
- We take care of the backups etc
- You can access your data from anywhere
- Performance is generally good and in some cases better than an aging internal server.
- You are not going to “blow your bandwidth”. We recently reviewed one of our servers; the total data transfer across all the users from all the clients was less than 10GB a month. You’ll use more bandwidth on staff downloading YouTube videos than you will with a FileMaker Server.
To Cloud or not to Cloud
We are getting an increasing number of clients who as their internal FileMaker Servers come up for renewal are electing to use our cloud servers and save the cost of the hardware upgrade. This generally makes sense;