Our first FileMaker Pro 13 project is a showcase for all that’s really good about FileMaker;
- It uses our new template which has numerous improvements and provides a stable basis for a long service life.
- It will support field technicians using iPads out in the field with a WebDirect interface giving them secure, live access to the same system that internal staff will use.
- It is being built to a basic Phase 1 specification which is little more than a proof of concept, even so it is fully customised to the client’s needs and can be greatly enhanced in the future.
- Future development options include synchronisation with the client’s central information systems and a synchronised iPad app to allow field technicians to work offline.
- It is very, very cost-effective.
We are already deploying it on our first projects for 2014 and it is looking good!